DISCLAIMER - NIKZAFRI.BLOGSPOT.COM
In no event shall nikzafri.blogspot.com be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the nikzafri.blogspot.com or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.
BIODATA - NIK ZAFRI
NIK ZAFRI BIN ABDUL MAJID, CONSULTANT/TRAINER
Kelantanese, Alumni of Sultan Ismail College Kelantan (SICA), Diploma (Management), IT Competency Cert, Certified Written English Professional US. Has participated in many seminars/conferences (local/ international) in the capacity of trainer/lecturer and participant.
Affiliations :- Council Member of Gerson Lehrman Group NY, Institute of Quality Malaysia, Malaysian Institute of Management, Malaysian Occupational Safety and Health Professionals Association, Auditor ISO 9000 IRCAUK, Auditor OHSAS 18000 (SIRIM and STS) /EMS ISO 14000:2004 and Construction Quality Assessment System (CONQUAS, CIDB (Now BCA) Singapore),
* Possesses 26 years of experience/hands-on in the multi-modern management & technical disciplines (systems & methodologies) such as Knowledge Management (Hi-Impact Management/ICT Solutions), Quality (TQM/ISO), Safety Health Environment, Civil & Building (Construction), Manufacturing, Motivation & Team Building, HR, Marketing/Branding, Business Process Reengineering, Economy/Stock Market, Contracts/Project Management, Finance & Banking, etc. He was employed to international bluechips involving in national/international megaprojects such as Balfour Beatty Construction/Knight Piesold & Partners UK, MMI Insurance Group Australia, Hazama Corporation (Hazamagumi) Japan (with Mitsubishi Corporation, JA Jones US, MMCE and Ho-Hup) and Sunway Construction Berhad (The Sunway Group of Companies). Among major projects undertaken : Pergau Hydro Electric Project, KLCC Petronas Twin Towers, LRT Tunnelling, KLIA, Petronas Refineries Melaka, Putrajaya Government Complex, Sistem Lingkaran Lebuhraya Kajang (SILK), Mex Highway, KLIA1, KLIA2 etc. Once serviced SMPD Management Consultants as Associate Consultant cum Lecturer for Diploma in Management, Institute of Supervisory Management UK/SMPD JV. Currently – Associate/Visiting Consultants/Facilitators, Advisors for leading consulting firms (local and international) including project management. To name a few – Noma SWO Consult, Amiosh Resources, Timur West Consultant Sdn. Bhd., TIJ Consultants Group (Malaysia and Singapore) and many others.
* Ex-Resident Weekly Columnist of Utusan Malaysia (1995-1998) and have produced more than 100 articles related to ISO-9000– Management System and Documentation Models, TQM Strategic Management, Occupational Safety and Health (now OHSAS 18000) and Environmental Management Systems ISO 14000. His write-ups/experience has assisted many students/researchers alike in module developments based on competency or academics and completion of many theses. Once commended by the then Chief Secretary to the Government of Malaysia for his diligence in promoting and training the civil services (government sector) based on “Total Quality Management and Quality Management System ISO-9000 in Malaysian Civil Service – Paradigm Shift Scalar for Assessment System”
Among Nik Zafri’s clients : Adabi Consumer Industries Sdn. Bhd, (MRP II, Accounts/Credit Control) The HQ of Royal Customs and Excise Malaysia (ISO 9000), Veterinary Services Dept. Negeri Sembilan (ISO 9000), The Institution of Engineers Malaysia (Aspects of Project Management – KLCC construction), Corporate HQ of RHB (Peter Drucker's MBO/KRA), NEC Semiconductor - Klang Selangor (Productivity Management), Prime Minister’s Department Malaysia (ISO 9000), State Secretarial Office Negeri Sembilan (ISO 9000), Hidrological Department KL (ISO 9000), Asahi Kluang Johor(System Audit, Management/Supervisory Development), Tunku Mahmood (2) Primary School Kluang Johor (ISO 9000), Consortium PANZANA (HSSE 3rd Party Audit), Lecturer for Information Technology Training Centre (ITTC) – Authorised Training Center (ATC) – University of Technology Malaysia (UTM) Kluang Branch Johor, Kluang General Hospital Johor (Management/Supervision Development, Office Technology/Administration, ISO 9000 & Construction Management), Kahang Timur Secondary School Johor (ISO 9000), Sultan Abdul Jalil Secondary School Kluang Johor (Islamic Motivation and Team Building), Guocera Tiles Industries Kluang Johor (EMS ISO 14000), MNE Construction (M) Sdn. Bhd. Kota Tinggi Johor (ISO 9000 – Construction), UITM Shah Alam Selangor (Knowledge Management/Knowledge Based Economy /TQM), Telesystem Electronics/Digico Cable(ODM/OEM for Astro – ISO 9000), Sungai Long Industries Sdn. Bhd. (Bina Puri Group) - ISO 9000 Construction), Secura Security Printing Sdn. Bhd,(ISO 9000 – Security Printing) ROTOL AMS Bumi Sdn. Bhd & ROTOL Architectural Services Sdn. Bhd. (ROTOL Group) – ISO 9000 –Architecture, Bond M & E (KL) Sdn. Bhd. (ISO 9000 – Construction/M & E), Skyline Telco (M) Sdn. Bhd. (Knowledge Management),Technochase Sdn. Bhd JB (ISO 9000 – Construction), Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia (IKIM – ISO 9000 & Internal Audit Refresher), Shinryo/Steamline Consortium (Petronas/OGP Power Co-Generation Plant Melaka – Construction Management and Safety, Health, Environment), Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (Negotiation Skills), Association for Retired Intelligence Operatives of Malaysia (Cyber Security – Arpa/NSFUsenet, Cobit, Till, ISO/IEC ISMS 27000 for Law/Enforcement/Military), T.Yamaichi Corp. (M) Sdn. Bhd. (EMS ISO 14000) LSB Manufacturing Solutions Sdn. Bhd., (Lean Scoreboard (including a full development of System-Software-Application - MSC Malaysia & Six Sigma) PJZ Marine Services Sdn. Bhd., (Safety Management Systems and Internal Audit based on International Marine Organization Standards) UNITAR/UNTEC (Degree in Accountacy – Career Path/Roadmap) Cobrain Holdings Sdn. Bhd.(Managing Construction Safety & Health), Speaker for International Finance & Management Strategy (Closed Conference), Pembinaan Jaya Zira Sdn. Bhd. (ISO 9001:2008-Internal Audit for Construction Industry & Overview of version 2015), Straits Consulting Engineers Sdn. Bhd. (Full Integrated Management System – ISO 9000, OHSAS 1800 and EMS ISO 14000 for Civl/Structural/Geotechnical Consulting), Malaysia Management & Science University (MSU – (Managing Business in an Organization), Innoseven Sdn. Bhd. (KVMRT Line 1 MSPR8 – Awareness and Internal Audit (Construction), ISO 9001:2008 and 2015 overview for the Construction Industry), Kemakmuran Sdn. Bhd. (KVMRT Line 1 - Signages/Wayfinding - Project Quality Plan and Construction Method Statement ), Amiosh Resources - (1) Lembaga Tabung Haji - Flood ERP (2) WNA Consultants - DID/JPS -Flood Risk Assessment and Management Plan - Prelim, Conceptual Design, Interim and Final Report etc. (3) Tunnel Fire Safety - Fire Risk Assessment Report - Design Fire Scenario), Safety, Health and Environmental Management Plans leading construction/property companies/corporations in Malaysia. Timur West Consulting (1) Business Methodology and System (2) Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) ISO/IEC 27001:2013 for Majlis Bandaraya Petaling Jaya ISMS/Audit/Risk/ITP Technical Team
* Has appeared for 10 consecutive series in “Good Morning Malaysia RTM TV1’ Corporate Talk Segment discussing on ISO 9000/14000 in various industries. For ICT, his inputs garnered from his expertise have successfully led to development of work-process e-enabling systems in the environments of intranet, portal and interactive web design especially for the construction and manufacturing. Some of the end products have won various competitions of innovativeness, quality, continual-improvements and construction industry award at national level. He has also in advisory capacity – involved in development and moderation of websites, portals and e-profiles for mainly corporate and private sectors, public figures etc. He is also one of the recipients for MOSTE Innovation for RFID use in Electronic Toll Collection in Malaysia.
Friday, December 17, 2010
What is the next move?
This is one of the most important question being asked to me by traders as everyone wants to make money.
"I've attended wealth seminars and attempted my level best to follow everything that has being taught. It works to a certain level but after a while, it's already too late for me to turn back. I made losses later"
I told the traders that making money is easier said than done.
Those who are involved in currency trading need to take into account a lot of things rather than be "sitting at your pc, laptop or any other gadgets and look at the charts" (and 'look like a professional' and hope that passers by looking at you would deem highly of you while you're sitting at Starbucks or some 5 Star Hotel Lobby wearing smartly using free wi-fi facility without buying any refreshments)
Economy still and will play an important role - all rules apply - export, demand and supply, growth, interest rates, GDP etc. Without all these (FX + Economy), then the next step would probably be is - to justify how politics play a role in what we termed as "sentiment".
All sentiments have a justification. Without justification - the sentiment is equivalent to a rumour or turned against you as speculation and irrational hedging.
Understand that commodity can play a big role in the market.
Once you see that a certain currency has a weaker correlation (with commodity price), then put them aside immediately. Don't take any further risk. (in short - don't try to be a hero)
What about Oil and Gold?
Yes, two of the most popular benchmark. Here's the deal :
Fluctuation of Commodity Price = Sudden surge of oil price
Sudden Surge of Oil Price is most likely TEMPORARY (trust me) - yes, at least a year or so, it will plummet back.
Gold hit a high price (again TEMPORARY) = and again hit a low price also in a year or so (every year I see this trend)
Once again the price of commodity; taking into account - global recession; plays a role in understanding the bearish and the bullish situation.
USD and oil are closely related but the correlation tends to break on daily basis - but it becomes stronger in the long run. This however requires patience and no panicking. USD is an inverse trading instrument thus making the 'strangest' thing happening - USD go down, oil price goes up - vice versa.
(I need to point out that whenever oil price skyrocketted will make some countries suffer for example Japan. A fully industrialized nation but depending on the imports for primary energy. Just look at the trading history of USD against Yen - it's important that that oil price 'to fall' to ensure break a certain level to hit lower)
Which Currency correlated with Gold in a harmonious way?
You don't need 3 guesses for that - it's definitely Australian Dollar. (it's not surprising that they are the top 3 gold producers) Australian dollar appreciates as much as the rising of gold prices. New Zealand is getting advantage out of Australia's prosperity and NZ never had much problem exporting its goods. Again seeing the fine commodity trend in Australia, I'm not a bit surprised that they will always be the FIRST to be out of the recession. So again, commodity!
Neutrality and Uncertainty of Politics do play a big role in correlating gold prices and the currency.
Here's my simple formula :
1) A healthy politics (in the eyes of the traders) will usually turn gold as a support a certain currency
2) Unhealthy politics will usually switch the trading of that particular currency to another currency which is backed up by gold during 'healthy politics'.
The only thing that can break this relationship is decoupling (refer 09/2005 when USD decoupled from gold price movements)
Smart experienced traders tend to switch commodity and currency or vice versa. The earn interest with high margin but taking into account countries having interest rates. Again, I didn't say that there is no risk.
3% from e.g. Central Bank
= amount earned subtract 0% rates paid (shorting USD for e.g.)
= 10X leverage (underleveraged rates).
= surge of interest income whenever net of exchange rate changes.
But don't count on this - you will see how dangerous this situation to you when the trade turns against you.
Play safe : Although the effects are slow, commodity prices can still be used as a benchmark on gold, oil and currency market.