Wednesday, August 12, 2026

TECHNOLOGY CHANGED MY LIFE

I am living through one of history’s biggest technological shifts. Technology shapes how I learn, work, communicate, create and decide.

  • Generative AI : ChatGPT, Gemini, Claude and AI agents are changing how we learn and solve problems,
  • Short Video : TikTok, Reels and Shorts have transformed information consumption; sometimes, the algorithm finds it for us,
  • Cloud Technology : Files and applications follow me across devices,
  • Digital Payments : QR payments, e-wallets and mobile banking make cash invisible,
  • Wearables : Smartwatches, earbuds and rings make technology something we wear.
  • Gaming and Virtual Communities : Yes, I am still a gamer. Gaming is now entertainment, communication and community,
  • Creator Technology : Smartphones and AI tools can turn anyone into a photographer, editor or designer,
  • AR/VR & Spatial Computing : Physical and digital worlds are converging,
  • EVs and Connected Vehicles : Cars are becoming software-driven and intelligent,
  • AI and Automation : Technology is moving from helping us to doing things for us,

But alas I know that Technology is but a tool.
It can :
- make me faster without making me wiser,
- give information without understanding, and
- make decisions easier without making them better.
But we create, learn, experiment but never surrender our ability to think, question and decide.
The most valuable skill in the AI age may be knowing when NOT to let technology think for you.
Some younger people live much the same way. Perhaps it is no longer about age, but how we use tech