Isn’t this rather absurd?
These idiots try to disguise themselves as one of our business associates in this case didn't even know that particular associate is connected to Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption practice (so they don't ask for gifts or presents) What’s amusing is that the idiots often don’t even bother doing basic research even of who I am before attempting this risky request
A few obvious red flags stand out:
2) Asking the recipient to pay first and claim reimbursement later.
3) Requesting photos of the vouchers, which allows them to redeem the codes immediately.
4) Using a generic email address instead of an official corporate domain (even a generic email would mention name of companies or the person)
5) I've known the associate for nearly 5 years now, I know that they never addressed me as "Nik" but "Encik Nik".
It shows how careless some of these attempts are. A quick verification or a simple phone call would immediately expose the fraud.
In reality, legitimate business associates do not request voucher purchases through informal emails like this, especially not for urgent “staff incentives.”