DISCLAIMER - NIKZAFRI.BLOGSPOT.COM
In no event shall nikzafri.blogspot.com be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the nikzafri.blogspot.com or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.
BIODATA - NIK ZAFRI
* Kelantanese, Alumni of Sultan Ismail College Kelantan (SICA), Diploma (Management), IT Competency Cert, Certified Written English Professional US. Has participated in many seminars/conferences(local/international) in the capacity of trainer/lecturer and participant. Affiliations :- Council Member of Gerson Lehrman Group NY, Institute of Quality Malaysia, Malaysian Institute of Management, Malaysian Occupational Safety and Health Professionals Association, Auditor ISO 9000 IRCAUK, Auditor OHSAS 18000 (SIRIM and STS) /EMS ISO 14000:2004 and Construction Quality Assessment System (CONQUAS, CIDB (Now BCA) Singapore)
* Possesses 20 years experience/hands-on in the multi-modern management & technical disciplines (systems & methodologies) such as Knowledge Management (Hi-Impact Management/ICT Solutions), Quality (TQM/ISO), Safety Health Environment, Civil & Building (Construction), Manufacturing, Motivation & Team Building, HR, Marketing/Branding, Business Process Reengineering, Economy/Stock Market, Contracts/Project Management, Finance & Banking, etc. He was employed to international bluechips involving in national/international megaprojects such as Balfour Beatty Construction/Knight Piesold & Partners UK, MMI Insurance Group Australia, Hazama Corporation (Hazamagumi) Japan (with Mitsubishi Corporation, JA Jones US and Ho-Hup) and Sunway Construction Berhad (The Sunway Group of Companies). Among major projects undertaken : Pergau Hydro Electric Project, KLCC Petronas Twin Towers, LRT Tunnelling, KLIA, Petronas Refineries Melaka, Putrajaya Government Complex, Sistem Lingkaran Lebuhraya Kajang (SILK) etc. Once serviced SMPD Management Consultants as Associate Consultant cum Lecturer for Diploma in Management, Institute of Supervisory Management UK/SMPD JV. Currently – Associate/Visiting Consultants/Facilitators, Advisors for leading consulting firms (local and international) including project management. To name a few – TIJ Consultants Group (Malaysia and Singapore), LSB Manufacturing Solutions Sdn. Bhd. and many others.
* Ex-Resident Weekly Columnist of Utusan Malaysia (1995-1998) and have produced more than 100 articles related to ISO-9000– Management System and Documentation Models, TQM Strategic Management, Occupational Safety and Health (now OHSAS 18000) and Environmental Management Systems ISO 14000. His write-ups/experience has assisted many students/researchers alike in module developments based on competency or academics and completion of many theses. Once commended by the then Chief Secretary to the Government of Malaysia for his diligence in promoting and training the civil services (government sector) based on “Total Quality Management and Quality Management System ISO-9000 in Malaysian Civil Service – Paradigm Shift Scalar for Assessment System”
Among Nik Zafri’s clients were Adabi Consumer Industries Sdn. Bhd, The HQ of Royal Customs and Excise Malaysia, Veterinary Services Dept. Negeri Sembilan, The Institution of Engineers Malaysia, Corporate HQ of RHB, NEC Semiconductor - Klang Selangor, Prime Minister’s Department Malaysia, State Secretarial Office Negeri Sembilan, Hidrological Department KL, Asahi Kluang Johor, Tunku Mahmood (2) Primary School Kluang Johor, Consortium PANZANA, Information Technology Training Centre (ITTC) – Authorised Training Center (ATC) – University of Technology Malaysia (UTM) Kluang Branch Johor, Kluang General Hospital Johor, Kahang Timur Secondary School Johor, Sultan Abdul Jalil Secondary School Kluang Johor, Guocera Tiles Industries Kluang Johor, MNE Construction (M) Sdn. Bhd. Kota Tinggi Johor, UITM Shah Alam Selangor, Telesystem Electronics/Digico Cable (ODM/OEM for Astro), Sungai Long Industries Sdn. Bhd. (Bina Puri Group), Secura Security Printing Sdn. Bhd, ROTOL AMS Bumi Sdn. Bhd & ROTOL Architectural Services Sdn. Bhd. (ROTOL Group), Bond M & E (KL) Sdn. Bhd., Skyline Telco (M) Sdn. Bhd.,Technochase Sdn. Bhd JB, Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia (IKIM), Shinryo/Steamline Consortium (Petronas/OGP Power Co-Generation Plant Melaka), Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Association for Retired Intelligence Operatives of Malaysia, T.Yamaichi Corp. (M) Sdn. Bhd.LSB Manufacturing Solutions Sdn. Bhd., PJZ Marine Services Sdn. Bhd., UNITAR/UNTEC (Degree in Accountacy) Cobrain Holdings Sdn. Bhd. (Managing Construction Safety & Health), Speaker for International Finance & Management Strategy (Closed Conference), Pembinaan Jaya Zira Sdn. Bhd. (ISO 9001:2008-Internal Audit for Construction Industry), Straits Consulting Engineers Sdn. Bhd. (C & S, Geotech), Malaysia Management & Science University (MSU), Innoseven Sdn. Bhd. (KVMRT MSPR8 - Internal Audit (Construction) & Awareness Workshop ISO 9001:2015 for the Construction Industry, Amiosh Resources - Lembaga Tabung Haji - Flood ERP, Amiosh Resources - Flood Risk Assessment and Management Plan - Prelim, Conceptual Design and Final Report etc.
* Has appeared for 10 consecutive series in “Good Morning Malaysia RTM TV1’ Corporate Talk Segment discussing on ISO 9000/14000 in various industries. For ICT, his inputs garnered from his expertise have successfully led to development of work-process e-enabling systems in the environments of intranet, portal and interactive web design especially for the construction and manufacturing. Some of the end products have won various competitions of innovativeness, quality, continual-improvements and construction industry award at national level. He has also in advisory capacity – involved in development and moderation of websites, portals and e-profiles for mainly corporate and private sectors, public figures etc.
Friday, December 17, 2010
(Latest Development! 10.15am - 30/12/2010
STOP PRESS : Plantation related stocks up"
As forecasted - with news that CPO will go up from RM3k-3.5k/metric tonne, today - as I speak - around 9.30am, 30/12/2010 - till now, GOCEAN is experiencing major changes in its price. Congratulations GOCEAN.)
Disclaimer : I do not represent the corporation in this article. Whatever being expressed is solely the author's opinion. Please refer their official website for further information.
I've been looking into some 'sleeping giants' for a long time.
And today I wish to speak on a corporation that attracts my attention for the last 2 weeks of trading. I hope everyone will share my enthusiasm.
(Please don't base your views on their current performance of shares...just read on)
The company was formerly known as Online One Corporation Berhad and changed its name to Green Ocean Corporation Berhad in April 2009. Green Ocean Corporation was incorporated in 2003 and is based in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Green Ocean Corporation Berhad (GOCEAN), an investment holding company, engages in the development of biotechnology products in Malaysia.
As we all know, GREEN is now associated with almost all industries in this world. We have LEEDS Certification (Green Building), EMS ISO 14000, Sustainability, Big Campaigns and various environmental awards for corporations practicing GREEN as part of their corporate responsibility. GOCEAN is definitely one of them - with its strong motto - BUY GREEN, BE GREEN, SELL GREEN.
So to all GREEN lovers out there (yes I'm one of them), here's your chance to save the EARTH!
The company involves in crushing palm kernel, refining palm oil and palm kernel oil, and producing palm kernel expellers and cooking oil.
Despite some quarters felt that maintaining the neutral call on the Malaysian palm oil sector due to current 2 year old palm oil price upcycle, and that Malaysia is continuing with a plan to mandate a 5% palm-oil-based methyl ester blend in conventional diesel by June 2011 (next year), I still somehow notice significant changes in Bursa Malaysia Derivatives’ star product, the Crude Palm Oil Futures contract, or better known by all of us as the FCPO contract which has been cited as the MOST actively traded derivatives contracts and has been the GLOBALLY PREFERRED BENCHMARK FOR THE PRICING OF CPO.
If this is the case, then, GOCEAN and their counterparts will definitely see some significant changes next year. Let's say it's June, 2011, at least they can still prepare themselves for the changes.
GOCEAN also provides information communication technology solutions, including software, and third party hardware and software; implementation and integration services; business continuity outsourcing solutions; and business intelligence solutions.
Being a self-ICT-literate person myself, GOCEAN has definitely invested on the right product. The setback however is unexpected - perhaps GOCEAN is too ahead of time with this plan. Unless the corporation has something to do with government contracts (which I think they will be heading towards that direction) and in the future, taking in many ICT professionals in the field (during expansion), then I know in my heart that ICT is a GOOD Investment. Who knows, GOCEAN might hit the jackpot.
Apart from the abovementioned, GOCEAN offers financial services solutions, infrastructure services, business service management, and information security solutions.
Further, it engages in the research and development of palm oil related industries; and sales, marketing, and distribution of enzyme, conjugated linoleic acid, and direct fed microbials, as well as the marketing and distribution of storage solutions.
Now, can anyone tell me that GOCEAN has no potentials in 2011? I have also noticed some 'reengineering' are being actively done in the company - so someone inside GOCEAN is smart enough to prepare itself for 2011 - for the BEST. We can expect the Q3 2011 results next February. (aah you need tips : Look at the 'expected book value' and 'the future market value' based on my article herein - also look into debt/equity ratio...do some homework 'lah')
Figures might not look so interesting but it's the indicators in the figures that will tell investors what is the future for them. (I've read their past annual reports - I personally think that it's a highly potential company to invest in the long run)
I like to quote Yang Amat Berbahagia Tun Mohamed Dzaiddin Abdullah, Chairman of Bursa Malaysia in the recent 21st Palm & Lauric Oils Conference
"Whether it is for the physical or futures markets, in managing volatility, mitigating risk factors and ultimately ensuring that the industry remains vibrant, price trends are important for palm oil players."
MALAYSIA is a melting pot. A lot of people still do not realize it yet
What is the next move?
This is one of the most important question being asked to me by traders as everyone wants to make money.
"I've attended wealth seminars and attempted my level best to follow everything that has being taught. It works to a certain level but after a while, it's already too late for me to turn back. I made losses later"
I told the traders that making money is easier said than done.
Those who are involved in currency trading need to take into account a lot of things rather than be "sitting at your pc, laptop or any other gadgets and look at the charts" (and 'look like a professional' and hope that passers by looking at you would deem highly of you while you're sitting at Starbucks or some 5 Star Hotel Lobby wearing smartly using free wi-fi facility without buying any refreshments)
Economy still and will play an important role - all rules apply - export, demand and supply, growth, interest rates, GDP etc. Without all these (FX + Economy), then the next step would probably be is - to justify how politics play a role in what we termed as "sentiment".
All sentiments have a justification. Without justification - the sentiment is equivalent to a rumour or turned against you as speculation and irrational hedging.
Understand that commodity can play a big role in the market.
Once you see that a certain currency has a weaker correlation (with commodity price), then put them aside immediately. Don't take any further risk. (in short - don't try to be a hero)
What about Oil and Gold?
Yes, two of the most popular benchmark. Here's the deal :
Fluctuation of Commodity Price = Sudden surge of oil price
Sudden Surge of Oil Price is most likely TEMPORARY (trust me) - yes, at least a year or so, it will plummet back.
Gold hit a high price (again TEMPORARY) = and again hit a low price also in a year or so (every year I see this trend)
Once again the price of commodity; taking into account - global recession; plays a role in understanding the bearish and the bullish situation.
USD and oil are closely related but the correlation tends to break on daily basis - but it becomes stronger in the long run. This however requires patience and no panicking. USD is an inverse trading instrument thus making the 'strangest' thing happening - USD go down, oil price goes up - vice versa.
(I need to point out that whenever oil price skyrocketted will make some countries suffer for example Japan. A fully industrialized nation but depending on the imports for primary energy. Just look at the trading history of USD against Yen - it's important that that oil price 'to fall' to ensure break a certain level to hit lower)
Which Currency correlated with Gold in a harmonious way?
You don't need 3 guesses for that - it's definitely Australian Dollar. (it's not surprising that they are the top 3 gold producers) Australian dollar appreciates as much as the rising of gold prices. New Zealand is getting advantage out of Australia's prosperity and NZ never had much problem exporting its goods. Again seeing the fine commodity trend in Australia, I'm not a bit surprised that they will always be the FIRST to be out of the recession. So again, commodity!
Neutrality and Uncertainty of Politics do play a big role in correlating gold prices and the currency.
Here's my simple formula :
1) A healthy politics (in the eyes of the traders) will usually turn gold as a support a certain currency
2) Unhealthy politics will usually switch the trading of that particular currency to another currency which is backed up by gold during 'healthy politics'.
The only thing that can break this relationship is decoupling (refer 09/2005 when USD decoupled from gold price movements)
Smart experienced traders tend to switch commodity and currency or vice versa. The earn interest with high margin but taking into account countries having interest rates. Again, I didn't say that there is no risk.
3% from e.g. Central Bank
= amount earned subtract 0% rates paid (shorting USD for e.g.)
= 10X leverage (underleveraged rates).
= surge of interest income whenever net of exchange rate changes.
But don't count on this - you will see how dangerous this situation to you when the trade turns against you.
Play safe : Although the effects are slow, commodity prices can still be used as a benchmark on gold, oil and currency market.